65km North of Tehran
From 2700m to 3600m
5x Green slopes
7x Blue Slopes
8x Red Slopes
3x Black Slopes
Ski Pass 1,100,000 Rials
Open everyday from November to May
The resort was created during the sixties, under the reign of Mohammad Rezā Shāh. Its development was stopped after the Islamic Revolution in 1978. The resort is known worldwide for the quality of its snow and for being one of the highest resort in the world.
Since few years, DIzin is managed by “RAIKA” company, owned by the Revolutionary Guards of Iran.
★ Services : Ski and clothing rental – Ski shops – Ski cours – Restaurants – Hotels – Apartment rental – Commerces – Heliskiing
Dizin ski resort is the biggest and the most diversified in Iran. The ski area is located in a large funnel shaped valley.
From the snow front, 4 lifts next to one another serve each sides of the all area – 3x Gondolas + 1x Chairlift. Due to Dizin’s configuration, you can stay above 3000m and ski all day long, without getting bored ! The North exposure of the slopes guarantee great snow quality all along the ski season.
For freeskiing, Dizin is a goldmine ! Besides the great powder field located between the slopes, the resort offers numerous off-pistes trails :
- To the east, a trail is going behind the mountain back to the small village of Gajereh located on the road to Dizin
- From the last gondola station, you can reach Darbandsar by ski touring
- Heliskiing is possible from Dizin parking lot (Watchout for your carbon footprint…)
- For freestylers, a small snowpark offers few rails and jumps.
It is definitely « the place to ski » in Iran. Few investments, a good daily grooming and Dizin would be for sure a 5* international class ski resort !
From Tehran, you have two possibilities :
- Direct to Dizin resort : Go through Karaj and then head to Chaloos. After 65km, leave road 59 and turn right to Dizin resort. To get there by bus, catch the line to Chaloos and then get off the bus at the crossroad between roads 59 and 425. From there, hitchhike or find a taxi (10km ride).
- Direct to 3000m : Road 425 is going straight from Tehran to the upper parking. Depending on the weather this road might be closed. Quickest way from Tehran, it is perfect for one day skiing !
GPS Coordinates : 36.047711, 51.417549
Google Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/N4E16YeFku32
For accommodation, several hotels and apartments are located in the resort. You can also find rooms on the road to the resort, in the small village called “Velayat Rud“.
An other good option : take a room in Shemshak and from there, go skiing one day to Darbandsar, one day to Dizin, one day to Shemshak…
Find more informations and photos on those websites :
- Dizinskiresort.com : Official website with lots of informations
- Instagram Dizin : Official Instagram account
- Barfax : Great and professional photos shot mostly in Dizin
- Instagram Snowpark : Some nice photos / videos from Dizin’s snowpark
You have more informations about Dizin ? Contact me !